Image Map

1.11.2015

Recipes that really did not come from a "recipe"


Because my family has so many food allergies, I have to modify so many recipes to feed my family in a healthy way.

Me:  Gluten/Dairy/Soy/Egg
Clayton (my son): Nuts/Tree Nuts/Soy/Corn

It makes for a whole lotta home cookin...and a whole lotta trying to SIMPLIFY MY LIFE!!!

I wanted to have a place where I could share a lot of the foods we have tried, modified, and "tested" for full flavor and healthy clean eating...for the most part!!  It is hard to navigate the food allergies road...I am not gonna try to sugar coat it!!  I have been "allergy-free" now for 4 years and my son for almost 2 years.  It's great how God orchestrated my journey way before He orchestrated my sons...praise God for that daily!! "He will not give us more than we can handle" 

So here are a few "recipes" I have made that turned out to be AMAZING, and we will keep in our rotations :)  I say "recipes" lightly because I do not follow recipes...unless they are from "The Pioneer Woman" because I love her...but even then, I have to modify!!  You will see as you read why I say that word so lightly...lol  I play with flavor combinations and make my own recipes...they 99.9% of the time work out great!!

Last night, I made...

Tortellini Kale Soup
2 cans dark red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can of sliced carrots
1 carton of low-sodium organic chicken stock
1 tube of gluten free Italian breakfast sausage
2 huge scoops of Contespasta chicken tortellini (found at HEB Plus) or order online www.contespasta.com
2 huge handfuls of fresh Kale
2 cups of hot water
1 large can of crushed tomatoes w Roasted Garlic
Dried sweet Basil
Sea salt and Pepper to taste

This is how SIMPLE it was!
In one pot, cook the breakfast sausage til done.  Pour in the chicken stock and simmer for 10 mins.  Dump in the rest of the ingredients and cook for 30 mins...DONE!! I told you it was SIMPLE!!
It was sooooo good...we are having leftovers tonight!!  I bet it is even better the 2nd day :)

Another "recipe" I wanted to share because it is so hard to find a good Allergy-free flour that holds up in cookies, muffins, etc. is my 

Pumpkin Muffins
2 cups Namaste Perfect Flour Blend www.namastefoods.com (Sprouts has it too)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 can of organic pumpkin (not pie filling)
Nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves to preference
Mix all these ingredients together and put into greased muffin cups...Bake at 350 degrees til golden brown and toothpick tested clean...DONE and YUMMO!!!!

These are just two of the super simple "recipes" we have tasted and approved of 100%....ENJOY!!

Keep checking back for more yummy recipes and leave a comment if you feel led.

Many blessings,









No comments:

Post a Comment