Image Map

12.04.2014

God definitely made us... (Part 2)

Hello to all!  Ok, so where we left off was I was going to share with you ALL that was on my "lists" when I received my ALCAT test results.  Brace yourselves!!  I had to lol

The lists are color-coded with a green one being "Foods to eat", the orange one being "Foods to consume every 3-6 months", and the RED being "Foods to NEVER EVER EVER EVER put in your body again"!!

Here were my RED FOODS:
Tuna
Soy
Bell Peppers*
Brussel Sprouts*
Black Pepper
Eggs
Egg Whites
Corn
Oat
Rice
Bran
Wheat
Beef
Lamb*
Brewer's Yeast
Coconut
Codfish
Lobster
Scallops
Asparagus*
Cabbage*
Cauliflower*
Mushrooms
Soybeans
Cow's Milk
Apples
Bananas

Blue Star (*) next to them are foods I have detested all my life, so I was pretty happy to see those!!  It is funny how your body repels foods you are not supposed to have, but their are foods on this list that I love...and that, my friends, threw me into a 2-week panic mode!!

Looking at this list, I thought "What can I eat!!???"  Even today, years later, people ask me that same question.  But God is good all the time, and He is faithful to bring us through it if He brought us to it...AMEN!!??  So after crying for 2 weeks and not knowing what to cook or eat, I empowered myself and made the necessary changes.  My doctor suggested (because even he was like "holy moly!' when he saw my list, that I start slowly and remove things slowly.  Did I do that?  NO!!  I went cold turkey and took it ALL out of my diet.  Guess what?

Four weeks into this, I had energy, no pain, no lethargy, no stomach issues...NO SYMPTOMS of anything I had been diagnosed with!!  I had so much energy, I started teaching Zumba for adults and kids three times a week!!

If there is anyone out there diagnosed with IBS, fibromyalgia, lupus, eczema, asthma, adult acne, adrenal fatigue, basically anything that your body is saying "HELLO!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME?"  I want to urge you to get this test done!!

Two years into my food allergy journey, I had my son, who was twelve at the time, tested too.  He was having asthma, upper respiratory issues, stomach issues, and bleeding when he had bowel movements DAILY!!  It was a scary thing.

On my next post, I will share his journey...you won't believe what we found out he was allergic to!!

Many Blessings to ya,

No comments:

Post a Comment