Image Map

4.09.2015

God's Salvation Plan

I have to apologize for allowing this week's crazy life take me away from God's instructions for me this week! 

Easter Sunday was and is a time to remember the Resurrection of Christ.  We need to know deep down in our hearts that even if it was just you or me on this Earth, he would have died for just us.  God loves us that much!!

Most of us know this verse by heart, but I encourage you to let it sink into your heart as you read it... "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

I have a son.  I cannot imagine sacrificing him for any human....can you imagine that for your son or daughter?  We would gladly give our OWN lives for our children's sake, but sacrificing our children for another human being sounds impossible to all of us as parents.

God's Salvation Plan is SIMPLE!!


These Scriptures above lay it all out for us.  When teaching kids, I lay it out with the ABC's of Salvation.

  • A - Admit that you are a sinner; turn and repent to God so that He may forgive you of all your sins.  Something you need to know...sin is sin...whether we lie or cheat on a spouse or murder someone!  There is NO hierarchy of sin!
  • B - Believe that Jesus is God's own Son, and He died for you and me; was resurrected 3 days later to live in Heaven forever and give us eternal life by asking Him to come into our hearts and lives
  • C - Commit to God; start a growing lasting daily relationship with Him today!!  Start with 5-10 minutes in prayer and Bible reading.  He wants you to seek Him first in ALL things.
It is that SIMPLE!!!  Some people ask "Am I saved when I get baptized?"  The answer is "No!"  Baptism is just an outward presentation to the church family of your having already been saved.

Ask God to come into your heart, cleanse you of all of your sins, and commit to a daily relationship with Him.

The greatest gift in life is knowing where you and your loved ones will be when they die!  I had the opportunity to lead my own momma to Christ one year before she was diagnosed with a terminal brain tumor.  She was saved in June 2013.  She was diagnosed on May 23, 2014 and died EXACTLY 9 months later this year on February 23, 2015.  I know she is in Heaven happy and healthy...and watching over me!

I will ALWAYS be thankful to God's prompting and my obedience to Christ for that opportunity.  God will open the door...we only need to step in!

Please feel free to leave a comment or ask a question...I am no expert, but I am in love with Christ.  He comes first in all I do and say, and I am more than happy to share with others so that they may know Him too!!

Many Blessings ya'll, 

No comments:

Post a Comment